My home cooking has been abysmal, okay? Abysmal. I didn’t want to make Ramen noodles last night because they take too long.
So as I was cleaning out my refrigerator to fill it with new food that is a) not molded and b) intended to be called into service as nutrition, I found some good things. While on Pinterest planning out some meals for the week, I found this recipe for lasagna bites that inspired me to see what I had left in my fridge. I bought some boneless buffalo wings from the grocery store and had a handful of cheese cubes leftover. In the back was a packet of wonton wrappers I meant to make something else with.
There will be food. Oh yes, there will be food.
A mini-cupcake pan, a little bit of chopping and stuffing and 5 minutes later they were in the oven. While baking, I whipped up a quick 2 ingredient dip with Hooters wing sauce (my favorite) and whipped spreadable cheese. I never said this was health food, ya’ll.
These would make great game appetizers or on a buffet. Or if you’re me, they’re lunch and dinner. I would say welcome to grad school if I didn’t eat like this all the time.
3 Ingredient Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Bites
- Wonton wrappers
- Boneless buffalo chicken wings
- Cubed or shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Carefully press wonton wrappers into the cups of a mini-cupcake pan – don’t tear the wrapper. You can also make bigger cups using a full sized cupcake pan.
4. Dice buffalo wings and cheese if using cubes into pieces.
5. Fill each cup first with the buffalo chicken and top with cheese.
6. Bake pan for 7-10 minutes – until the cheese is melted and the wrappers crispy.
Great just to pop in your mouth or dip in your favorite sauce. There. Done!